Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I've been loving...

Here's what has been making me smile these days...

Love these bracelets and love even more that they are for a good cause!














Dying over this video where a kid pretends to be a celebrity for a night and everyone falls for it.



Obsessed with this app. I have been having way too much fun emailing and sending them in texts!



Losing the baby weight has not been my favorite part of having a baby, to say the least. Someone at Doug's work said his wife did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred after she had a baby and loved it. After having tried the old elliptical and giving kick boxing a shot (who was I kidding), I tried the video and loved it (well as much as I can "love" a workout video). I'm still in level 2 of 3, but its only 20 minutes a day and none of the moves have been too out there. I highly recommend. I am a couple of weeks in and have already lost 3 inches in my waist alone (this came after me sitting on my butt for 2 months, thinking the baby weight would just disappear and nothing happened...shocker).


Smacking my lips over this granola bar recipe I concocted.


 Homemade Granola Bars:

3 Tbsp of unsalted butter
2 Cups of old-fashioned oatmeal
3 Cups of Archer Farms Sunny Cranberry Trail Mix
2/3 Cup of honey
1/4 Cup of light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of coarse salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 10 baking pan. Mix oatmeal and Sunny Cranberry Trail Mix in a bowl and pour onto the baking pan. Put in the oven for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Then reduce oven to 300 degrees.

In a small sauce pan, bring the butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla to a bowl over medium heat. In a large bowl, toss the oatmeal and cranberry mix with the contents of the sauce pan. Add salt.

Put entire mixture back into the re-buttered baking pan. Using a spatula, flatten out the mix until evenly spread. Pop it back into the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool for 3 hours and voila!

Enjoy,
Leigh

P.S.: I just celebrated my one year wedding anniversary this week with my most amazing husband. We have had quite an adventurous first year... from marriage, to a baby, and now we are getting ready to move! I wouldn't change a thing. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment