Monday, November 14, 2011

Austin is home


   So my parents decided to visit us this weekend and they were our first guests to stay with us in our settled in apartment. What a treat! It was a cozy fit but so worth it when we all woke up and were able to eat breakfast together with our sleepy faces still on.
   I had planned to spend most of Saturday at the Austin flea market (I love flea markets). Unfortunately this one was a total bust and had nothing but junk. I'm not talking "one man's junk is another man's treasure" kind of junk. I am talking honest to goodness cheap plastic toys and "one day too old" bread kind of junk.  Fortunately my parents were good sports about it all and we turned dinner plans into lunch plans and headed to Saltlick BBQ.
    This was everyone's first time to Saltlick and it was SO fun! We visited their winery first and sat outside sipping wine and fresh squeezed lemonade while we waited for a table. When our table was ready, they took us into a far back room that resembled a rustic cabin and served us some amazing plates of BBQ and some of the best coleslaw I have ever tasted in my life! The day was saved.

My dad and I enjoying the view from the winery's porch.

Everyone in the back cabin together!
   Overall the weekend was so much fun and it ended up being a great way to have an early celebration of my sweet mother's birthday. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as we did!

It was so windy all weekend and poor husband's tie got caught up with the wind!
Goodbyes
xoxo,
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment